30 Days on Live Blended Foods

From 5/20/06 through 6/20/06 I am eating all live (not cooked) blended (using a blender) foods. Here I post my experiences with this lifestyle. Specific foods I include daily are fruits, vegetables, greens, nuts, seeds, and super foods. My focus is also high water content with herbal teas, nut and seed drinks, and pure, distilled water. SHIFT ALERT 6/3/06: Read Today's Blog for more!

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Children

We've raised our children who are now ages 3, 5, and "6 and three quarters" on organic foods. Prior to these years, Chris and I consumed a "healthy standard American diet" (open to interpretation). Once it was time to feed Calvin other than mother's milk, then organic became a way of life for us. I had Ruth Yaron's Super Babyfood book and prepared fresh foods for them regularly.

In a nutshell, here's our children's food unfolding:
Mother's Milk
Fresh, Homemade Organic (including meat, fish, dairy, soy) with Organic convenience foods
Trying out the Living Foods Lifestyle
High percentage of Living Foods at home with regular occasions of fish & dairy and "anything organic or not when out"

We've reached a turning point again. I have noticed how fish, dairy, soy, wheat, and sugar [with meat experiences too] affected their minds, bodies, emotions, and spirits. I am helping them to note such. In social situations I am guiding them to make vegan selections. I feel this will support them best while they continue to enjoy a high percentage of living foods, ones they are learning to prepare on their own and ones Chris, I and others prepare for them.

It's amazing how my blending experiences for one week now have opened my awareness to "what exactly our children are eating." I feel blessed as a parent for opportunities to be in dialogue with our children about food choices and to help navigate them through all the options.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home