30 Days on Live Blended Foods

From 5/20/06 through 6/20/06 I am eating all live (not cooked) blended (using a blender) foods. Here I post my experiences with this lifestyle. Specific foods I include daily are fruits, vegetables, greens, nuts, seeds, and super foods. My focus is also high water content with herbal teas, nut and seed drinks, and pure, distilled water. SHIFT ALERT 6/3/06: Read Today's Blog for more!

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Breakthrough

For some readers, this may be the last visit to this blog "Blending For 30":

"The Breakthrough"

In preparation for our drive to Tuscon yesterday afternoon, I grabbed a CD to enjoy along the way. I assumed it would be music, but it happened to be Dr. Christiane Northrup on Whole Nutrition. This was no coincidence.

I listened attentively. I got the bit about "women, self-nourishment, and emotional eating." Last night when all was quiet, I spent an hour reading through her website. Really cool.

This blending for 30 is a diet. I've always thought of a diet as something someone does for a period of time and achieve certain results. I think of the yo-yo effect. The diet doesn't work permanently and more agonizing issues surface, often greater than prior to the diet. I've never considered myself a "dieter" as my weight has hovered around 105 pounds for most my full grown life (exception in 3 pregnancies and I gained about 25 pounds during each!).

This whole experiment is a diet. A diet can look like a box. One goes inside the box for the secrets to life. One forgets to go outside the box for greater understanding of oneself.

Last night I "went outside the box" happily with our children. They were eager to make pizza. We agreed on a vegan style. As it was, we were shopping for food in Tuscon at 5:30 p.m. and getting "grumbles in the tumbles" (translation: we were hungry).

How did we create a pizza in the parking lot? A picnic table magically appeared. We set out our contents. First, a slice of sprouted grain bread. Second, a spread of Seeds of Change traditional spaghetti sauce (Calvin's pick). Third, slices of gourmet vegan cheddar cheese (prepared with a pocket pen knife!). The only heat was from the 90-degree evening air and it actually softened the cheese. We marveled over our results and relished the time together.

Today I did enjoy a green smoothie starring banana, goji berries, cacao (and more...). And it was great with some creamy oatmeal with apples and raisins. I had plate of lettuce for dinner with a creamy avocado/orange juice/garlic sauce. We steamed broccoli and grated carrots and swirled in "vegenaise" dressing [one youngster claimed the carrots looked and tasted like cheese!]. I enjoyed a few organic corn chips and some bites of brown rice cakes. The sesame seed milk I made the other day was refreshing!

From the mouth of Chris: "I eat whatever I want." I often roll my eyes over this. Heck, why not eat whatever I want? I remember a motto from my days as a gymnast: "Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfection."

Someone like me takes this motto and goes with it. Perfection is another box. When will I part with this one?

Breaking through the box. This is a recurring lesson for me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home